Section 1 – Information about the collection of personal data
(1) Below we inform you about the collection of personal data through the use of our website. Personal data is all data that personally relates to you, such as name, address, email address, user habits.
(2) The data controller in accordance with Article 4 par. 7 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is Service Factory GmbH, Holzstrasse 30, 80469 Munich (see our ‘Imprint’ page). Our data protection officer can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or via our postal address with the addition of ‘Data Protection Officer’.
(3) If you contact us by email or via a contact form, the data provided by you (your email address and, if applicable, name and telephone number) will be stored by us in order to answer your enquiry. The data collected in this context will be deleted once its storage is no longer necessary, or its processing limited if statutory requirements exist.
(4) If you have registered for our newsletter, we shall only use the data provided for this (your email address) to send our newsletter. We will delete your email address after you have unsubscribed from the email list or have objected to further use.
(5) If we wish to commission service providers for individual functions of our offering or would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail below about the corresponding procedures. We shall also specify the criteria defined for storage duration.
Section 2 – Your rights
(1) You have the following rights with respect to the personal data we hold about you:
– Right to information
– Right to rectification or deletion
– Right to restriction of processing
– Right to object to processing
– Right to data portability
(2) You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about our processing of your personal data.
Section 3 – Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) In the case of website use for purely informative reasons, in other words if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we will only collect personal data transmitted to our server by your browser. If you wish to view our website, we will collect the following data, which is technically required for us in order to display our website and guarantee stability and security (legal basis is Article 6 par. 1 p. 1 lit. f of the GDPR):
– IP address
– Date and time of access
– Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
– Content of request (specific page)
– Access status/HTTP status code
– Data quantity transmitted
– Website from which the request comes
– Operating system and its interface
– Language and version of browser software
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies will be stored on your computer when you visit our website. Cookies are small text files that are assigned and stored on your hard drive by your browser and allow certain information to be received by the body that adds the cookie (in this case, us). Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the Internet offering more user-friendly and effective.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and mode of operation of which are detailed below:
transient cookies, see lit. b)
persistent cookies, see lit. c)
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted once you close your browser. In particular, these include session cookies. These save a so-called session ID, with which various requests from your browser can be assigned to the session. This means that your computer can be recognised when you return to our website. The session cookies will be deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a predefined period of time, which may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete saved cookies in your browser system settings at any time.
d) You can configure your browser settings as you wish and, for instance, reject the acceptance of third-party or all cookies. However, we wish to point out that in this case, you may not be able to use some features of this website.
f) The Flash cookies used are not detected by your browser, but rather by your Flash Player plug-in. We also use HMTL5 storage objects, which are stored on your end device. These objects store the required data regardless of your browser and do not have an automatic expiry date. If you do not want to process Flash cookies, you need to install a corresponding add-on, e.g. Better Privacy for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/) or the Adobe Flash killer cookie for Google Chrome. The use of HTML5 storage objects can be prevented by using the incognito mode in your browser. We also recommend regularly deleting your cookies and the browser history manually.
Section 4 – Further functions and offerings of our website
(1) Alongside the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if interested. To do this, you will generally need to give other personal information which we use to provide the service and for which the aforementioned data-processing principles apply.
(2) We sometimes use external service providers to process your data. These entities have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and are regularly inspected.
(3) Furthermore, we may disclose your personal data to third parties if participation in promotions, competitions, contracts or similar services are offered by us in collaboration with partners. You will receive more information on this when providing your personal data or in the description of the offer below.
(4) Insofar as our service providers or partners have their headquarters in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we inform you about the consequences of this circumstance in the description of our offer.
Section 5 – Social media (social media buttons, YouTube videos, Google Maps), web analysis
(1) Use of social media buttons:
When using social media buttons, we use the so-called Shariff solution. This prevents the direct exchange of data between you and the social media platform provider, since only our website’s server communicates your requests. Providing you do not click the corresponding buttons, the tracking options of the social media provider will be disabled.
This means that when you visit our page, no personal data is initially transferred to the social media platform operator. We only provide you with the option of communicating directly with the provider via the button. Only if you click on the highlighted field and activate it will the provider receive the information that you have accessed the corresponding website of our online service. The data specified in section 3 of this declaration will also be transmitted.
(2) Integration of YouTube videos:
a) We have integrated YouTube videos into our online offering that are saved at http://www.YouTube.com and can be played directly from our website. These are all incorporated in the ‘extended privacy mode’, which means that no data about you as a user is transmitted to YouTube if you do not play the videos. Only if the videos are played will the data specified below be transmitted. We have no influence over this data transmission.
b) By visiting the website, YouTube receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding sub-page of our website. The data specified in section 3 of this declaration will also be transmitted. This happens regardless of whether YouTube provides a user account you are logged in to or if there is no user account. If you are logged in to Google, your data will be assigned directly to your account. If you do not wish to associate your activity to your YouTube profile, you must log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or the custom design of its website. Such evaluation is done in particular (even for users who are not logged on) to provide tailored advertising and inform other social network users about your activity on our website. You have the right to object to the formation of this user profile, although you must address this to YouTube.
c) Further information on the purpose and scope of the data collection and its processing by YouTube can be found in the privacy statement issued by the provider. You will also see more information about your rights and privacy settings there: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and has pledged compliance with the EU-US Privacy Shield https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
(3) Integration of Google Maps:
a) This website uses services provided by Google Maps. This allows us to show you interactive maps directly on the website and offers you the convenient use of map functions.
b) By visiting the website, Google receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding sub-page of our website. The data specified in section 3 of this declaration will also be transmitted. This happens regardless of whether Google provides a user account you are logged in to or if there is no user account. If you are logged in to Google, your data will be assigned directly to your account. If you do not wish to associate your activity to your Google profile, you must log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or the custom design of its website. Such evaluation is done in particular (even for users who are not logged on) to provide tailored advertising and inform other social network users about your activity on our website. You have the right to object to the formation of this user profile, although you must address this to Google.
c) Further information on the purpose and scope of the data collection and its processing by the plug-in provider can be found in the privacy statement issued by the provider. You will also see more information about your corresponding rights and privacy settings there: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and has pledged compliance with the EU-US Privacy Shield https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
(4) Use of Google Analytics:
a) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (Google). Google Analytics uses so-called ‘cookies’, which are text files saved on your computer that enable your use of the website to be analysed. The information generated by the cookie on your use of the website is generally transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, if IP anonymisation is activated on this website, your IP address is first truncated by Google within member states of the European Union or in other states party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases is the full IP address transmitted to a Google server in the United States and truncated there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, compile reports on website activity and provide other services related to website activity and Internet usage to the website operator.
b) The IP address provided by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data.
c) You can prevent cookies from being saved to your device using the respective setting in your browser software; we would like to explicitly state, however, that you may not be able to completely use all of this website’s features if you disable cookies. You can also prevent the logging of data generated through cookies and your use of the website (including your IP address) by Google and the processing of this data through Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available via the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
d) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension ‘_anonymizeIp()’. As a result, IP addresses are truncated and they cannot be connected to a specific person. If a personal connection is created concerning data collected about you, this will be immediately excluded and your personal data deleted.
e) We use Google Analytics in order to analyse and regularly improve the use of our website. The statistics obtained enable us to improve our offer and design it in a more appealing manner for you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data is transmitted to the USA, Google has declared its compliance with the EU-US Privacy Shield https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Article 6 par. 1 p. 1 lit. f of the GDPR.
Section 6 – Opposition to or revocation of the processing of your data
(1) Any consent you give for the processing of your data may be revoked at any time. Such revocation will affect the admissibility of the processing of your personal data.
(2) You may object to the processing of your personal data insofar as we base it on the weighing of interests. This is particularly the case if the processing is not necessary for the fulfilment of a contract with you, which is specified by us in each case in the following description of functions. When exercising your right of revocation, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data. If your objection is justified, we will either discontinue or adapt the data processing, or provide you with our compelling, legitimate reasons as to why we will continue the processing.
(3) You may object to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes at any time. You can send us your objection to advertising to the following address:
Service Factory GmbH
Tel.: +49 (0)89 287 000
Fax: +49 (0)89 2870 011